Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE) 2014
Amrita B.Tech Entrance Exam 2013 Date: 21st April, 2013 (Sunday) 10:00 am To 01:00 pm
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University
AMRITA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION - ENGINEERING 2014
(FOR ADMISSION TO B.TECH. PROGRAMMES)
Amrita Visha Vidyapeetham is conducting its Engineering Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4 year B.Tech Degree programmes offered in the three campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore). Candidates who satisfiy the eligibility criteria will be admitted to the first year of B.Tech programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination.
The entrance exam is of 3 hour duration. It will be conducted in 78 cities. The Information Handbook provides more details about the exam. The University brochure gives brief description about the facilities available in the University. University brochure and Information Handbook are included in the Application packet.
Amrita B.Tech Entrance Exam 2013 Important Dates:
|Date of Entrance Examination||21-04-2013 (Sunday) (FN)
|Issue of Application forms begins||21-12-2012
|Last date of issue of application forms||18-03-2013
|Last date for receiving completed applications||20-03-2013
Candidates shall be born on or after 1st July 1992.
A pass in the final examination of 10+2 (class XII) or its equivalent securing 60% or above marks in Mathematics, 55% or above separately in Physics and Chemistry with an aggregate of 60% in the three subjects.
A three year Diploma in Engineering with minimum 60% marks, awarded by any State Board of Technical Education.
Note: Those who appear for the above examinations in April / May 2013 and expect to secure minimum marks as above, may also apply.
Seat allotment through Counselling will be based on the eligibility and rank obtained by the Candidate in the Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering 2013.
Entrance Examination Pattern:
The duration of the Examination is 3 hours (10 AM to 1 PM)
. There will be only one question paper containing objective type questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each question will be followed by four answers of which only one is correct / most appropriate. The question booklet will be in English. Each question carries 3 marks. Negative mark (-1)
will be awarded for each wrong answer.
Mathematics - 60 questions
Physics - 30 questions
Chemistry - 30 questions
Total No. of Questions:
Total Marks (120 x 3)
= 360 marks
For all enquiries related to the Entrance Examination, and admission based on the entrance examination, please call 0422 - 2685 169 / 170 between 9.00 am - 4.00 pm on working days.
HALL TICKET & IDENTIFICATION
1. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination without valid hall ticket. In the Examination hall, candidate should produce the hall ticket when demanded by the invigilator.
2. The University will start issuing the hall tickets 30 days before the examination, mentioning the candidate's registration number and examination centre allotted and the details will be available in the University website. If you do not receive the hall ticket 10 days before the date of examination, please call 0422 - 2685 169 / 170, on working days between 9 AM and 4 PM, quoting the application number and examination centre opted.
3. Hall tickets of all Candidates will be uploaded to the university website three days prior to the exam. If needed, candidates can download their hall tickets, entering their application number and date of birth.
4. In case you require a duplicate hall ticket, you should contact the University Representative at the Examination centre on the previous day of the examination and produce Xerox copies of the demand draft and the filled-in application to establish your candidature.
5. In the examination hall each candidate shall sign the attendance sheet. This signature shall be identical with the signatures on the Application form and the Hall Ticket. During the examination, the candidate's left hand thumb impression also will be taken in the attendance sheet for identification. Thumb impression will be taken again at the time of admission for comparison.
6. Candidates shall retain their hall tickets and produce the same at the time of counselling.
How To Apply:
How to get Application forms:
i. Application form will be in a format that can be processed by Optical Mark Reader(OMR).
ii. Cost of Application kit
is Rs. 850/-, which covers the cost of Application form, University Brochure, Information Handbook and Examination fee. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
iii. By post, from the Admission Co-ordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore, on a written request indicating their full communication address together with a Demand Draft for Rs. 850/- drawn in favour of Amrita School of Engineering payable at Coimbatore
iv. From the University counter of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore on producing a demand draft for Rs. 850/- as above.
v. From the designated branches of Post Office, AXIS Bank, Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd., Karur Vysya Bank (Tamil Nadu) & Federal Bank on payment of Rs. 850/-. Click here
to view the branches.
vi. Online Application:
Apply through website and submit the application printout in an A4 sheet along with a demand draft for Rs. 850/- and a passport size colour photograph affixed in the specified location.
When a demand draft is attached, on the back of the Demand Draft, candidate should write his / her Name and "B.Tech Application". Please keep a photocopy of the application and Demand Draft with you for future reference.
Applications are processed at Coimbatore campus. Hence all B.Tech applications shall be sent to Coimbatore Campus only.
For admission enquiries: 0422 - 2685 169 / 170 ( between 9 am and 4 pm on working days )
Submission of the Filled in Application:
i. Please note down the Application number in your personal record and keep a photocopy of the filled-in application for future reference and correspondence.
ii. Duly filled-in application form shall be sent in the pre-addressed cover to the following address only:
The Admission Co-ordinator,
Amrita School of Engineering,
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
(P.O) Amritanagar, Ettimadai,
Coimbatore - 641 112, Tamil Nadu.
Phone: 0422-2685169 / 170
(Applications are processed only at the above office)
iii. Candidates are advised to send the filled-in applications by INDIA SPEED POST / COURIER.
iv. Please send the filled-in application form at the earliest, so that the hall ticket will be reaching you sufficiently early, thus avoiding anxiety and confusion at the last moment.
1. Scholarship will be provided to 15% of the top ranking candidates, who passed the qualifying examination from Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and admitted in the respective campuses.
2. Scholarship amount of Rs. 50,000/- per annum will be waived from the tuition fees.
3. Award of scholarship will be governed by the rules framed for the purpose.
EVALUATION AND NEGATIVE MARKS:
Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score
. If no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question, no marks, positive or negative will be awarded. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and negative mark will be awarded. You are advised to mark an answer only if you are sure that it is the most appropriate .
The answer sheets are machine graded and scrutinized with precision. Hence request for revaluation, rechecking or retotalling will not be entertained.
PUBLICATION OF RANK LIST:
Rank list will be published in the University website within four weeks from the date of examination.
COUNSELLING & ADMISSION:
1. Counselling for admission will be in May / June 2013. Counselling call letter will be sent to the eligible candidates after the publication of the rank list of the Amrita Entrance Examination. The counselling schedule will be available in the university website.
2. Counselling will be arranged simultaneously in the three campuses using satellite connectivity. Candidate can appear for counselling in any one of the three campuses and opt a branch in any campus according to his / her preference and availability of seat. But candidates who have studied and passed +2 examination in Karnataka state are advised to attend the counselling at the Bengaluru campus.
3. A certain percentage of seats in each campus will be earmarked for the candidates from the State in which the campus is situated.
4. Candidate must be physically present for counselling. Parent / Guardian shall accompany the candidate.
5. At the time of Counselling, candidates shall produce originals of the following:
a. Marks statements of class X and XII,
b. Hall tickets of class XII Examination & Amrita Entrance Examination – Engg. 2013,
c. Transfer Certificate from the school last attended,
d. Community certificate in case of SC / ST,
e. Other testimonials as specified in the call letter.
6. If the original certificates are not produced by a candidate, he / she will not be permitted to attend the counselling.
7. When a candidate accepts the seat allotment, his / her original certificates will be retained by the University, unless otherwise decided by competent authority.
8. Before seat allotment, each candidate has to pay Rs. 30,000/- by Demand Draft as part of tuition fees. Candidates are required to pay the balance fees and complete all other formalities within the time limit prescribed in the provisional admission order. The time limit will normally be ten days from the date of counselling. Request for extension of time for payment of fees will not be entertained. If a candidate fails to remit the fees on the stipulated date his/her admission will get automatically cancelled without any notice.
9. The candidates shall attend the counselling in neat formal dress.
10. Counselling call letter sent to a candidate does not guarantee admission to the B.Tech. Programme. Candidates are advised to note the seat availability from our website before coming to attend the counselling.
11. The first year B.Tech classes are expected to start by the last week of July.
Online Application Form
Model Question Paper
AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Amritanagar (P.O), Ettimadai,
Coimbatore – 641 112,
Tel: 0422 – 2685169/170
Fax: 0422 – 2656274