Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET) 2014
Karnataka PGCET 2013 Date: 27th & 28th July, 2013
Government of Karnataka
KARNATAKA EXAMINATIONS AUTHORITY BANGALORE
POST GRADUATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST - 2014
for admission to 1st Year / 1st Semester MBA/MCA/M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch/MBA (Infrastructure Management) Courses
Government by its Notification No. ED 205 TEC 2011 dated 20.04.2011 has authorized Karnataka Examinations Authority to conduct Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission to first year / first semester MBA/MCA/M.E./M.Tech/M.BA (Infrastructure Management) courses from the year 2011-12 in the State of Karnataka.
Pursuant to the said notification, applications are invited from the eligible interested Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates for admission to 1st year / 1st semester full time / part time MBA / M.E. / M.Tech. / M. Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management) courses and full time MCA course in the institutions affiliated to Universities which will be notified by the Government of Karnataka for the year 2012-13. Candidates have to appear for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test - 2012 conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority to become eligible for admission to these courses. However, the non-Karnataka students are eligible to select only the seats surrendered by the management, if any.
Note: The candidates with valid GATE score need not appear for PGCET-2012 for admission to M.E. / M.Tech. / M. Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management) courses, but they have to fill and submit the PGCET-2012 application form for admission for what is VALID GATE Score? Please visit KEA Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in for details.
The details of academic eligibility for all the above courses are available on the KEA website: http://kea.kar.nic.in The candidates are advised to verify the eligibility criteria before applying to any of the courses.
How to Submit Application Online:
(1) Please note that no application on paper including hand written or typed will be entertained. Before applying for any course, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility norms.
(2) The candidates have to enter the application details online by browsing the URL on web http://kea.kar.nic.in The detailed instructions are appended in the same website. Candidates have to visit the website and read instructions carefully to follow the same.
(3) If a candidate likes to apply for more than one course (eg. for both MBA and MCA) then he/ she is required to apply accordingly as per the instructions.
(4) First the candidate has to enter the required details in the application online then download the Challan and pay the required fee in any of the branches given in the Website http://kea.kar.nic.in Then come back with the Challan with stamp and seal on the Challan from the payee bank for having paid the requisite fee. Enter the journal number and complete the application details.
(5) Before you start entering the application online make sure that you are having all the copies of the documents / marks cards / Colour photograph scanned in JPG format etc and follow all the instructions given in the website: http://kea.kar.nic.in
PGCET 2012 Important Dates:
i. Commencement of Entry of Application Online: 07.06.2012.
ii. Last Date of Entry of Application : 06.07.2012.
iii. Last date to pay the fees in the bank : 07.07.2012.
iv. Last date to upload the Challan Journal details for having paid fees 08.07.2012.
v. Downloading of Admission Tickets on or after : 20.07.2012.
vi. Downloading of e-Brochure from the Website : on or after 15.06.2012.
vii. PGCET 2012 Exam Date : 28.07.2012 (M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch)
viii. PGCET 2012 Exam Date : 29.07.2012 (MBA/MCA)
PGCET 2012 Application Fees:
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) 2012 Time Table:
|SI.No.||Course Particulars||Application Fee
|GM, OBC and Non-Karnataka candidates||SC/ST/Cat-1 of Karnataka candidates
|1||Only MBA or MCA or ME/M.Tech ||Rs.600/-|| Rs.300/-
|2||MBA and MCA or MCA and ME/M.Tech or MBA and M.E./M.Tech|| Rs.1200/- ||Rs.600/-
|3||MBA and MCA and ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA (Infrastructure Management||Rs.1800/- ||Rs.900/-
|Date and Day||Course||For||Timings|| Marks
|M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch||Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM||100
|Courses offered by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore.||02.30 PM to 04.30 PM||100
|MBA||-||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM||100
|MCA||-||02.30 PM to 04.30 PM||100
For more details, regarding various conditions to claim eligibility conditions visit KEA Website : http://kea.kar.nic.in
A candidate who has passed any under graduate examination of minimum of 3 years or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects for all the years is eligible for admission to MBA courses. 45% marks in Q.E. in case of SC/ST and Category-I candidates.
A candidate who has passed any under graduate examination of minimum of 3 years or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects for all the years is eligible for admission to MBA courses. 45% marks in Q.E. in case of SC/ST and Category-I candidates. Those who are applying for part time course should have work experience of at least 3 years & must be working in a organization which is not more than 40 kms from the institution, he / she is planning to take admission.
The candidate must have passed the Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% (45% marks for SC / ST category candidates) aggregate marks in all the years of degree examinations with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Programming or computer application or Business Mathematics or Business statistics as one of the optional or elective at degree level.
c) M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA (Infrastructure Management): Click Here
for detailed eligibility.
Karnataka PGCET 2012 Exam Pattern:
– There will be 120 questions in the exam. The total time allotted will be 2 hrs. There will be 20 questions on Language Comprehension, 30 on Mathematical skills, 30 on Data Analysis & sufficiency, 30 questions on Intelligence & Critical reasoning and 10 questions on Indian Global Environment.
– The exam will be of 2 hrs. There will be 90 questions in this. The division of questions will be as follows – 20 on mathematics, 20 on analytical ability, 15 on logical reasoning, 15 on comprehensive verbal ability & 20 questions will be on general awareness on computer science.
Government of Karnataka,
KARNATAKA EXAMINATIONS AUTHORITY,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012.
Phone: 080 - 23462599, 23462758, 23461575, 23564583
Fax: 080 - 23461576