Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (RPET) 2014
RPET 2013 Exam Date: 23rd May, 2013 (Thursday) 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
RAJASTHAN PRE ENGINEERING TEST (RPET) - 2014
BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, RAJASTHAN
On line Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Rajasthan domicile including the wards of Kashmiri Migrants for the registration of Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test - 2013 for admission to first year of undergraduate programmes leading to Bachelor’s degree in different disciplines of Engineering (B.Tech. / B.E.) in various Govt. aided and Private unaided technical institutions of Rajasthan (except BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur and other Deemed & Private Universities) for the session 2013-2014.
RPET 2013 Important Dates:
i. RPET 2013 Exam Date: 23rd May, 2013
ii. Date of commencement for filling of the online application: 21st March, 2013
iii. Date of closure for filling of the online application: 08th April, 2013
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION:
(i) The minimum academic qualification for admission to B.Tech./B.E. program in Rajasthan is a pass with atleast 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to “SC/ST/ Non Creamy Layer OBC/ Non Creamy Layer SBC” of Rajasthan state) in the subjects combination as given below taken together, in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan/ Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
(ii) Subject combination required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.Tech. / B.E course shall be as under:
|Course||Compulsory Subjects||Any one of the Optional Subjects
|B.Tech. / B.E.
||Physics & Mathematics
||(1) Chemistry (2) Bio-technology
(3) Computer Science (4) Biology
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (10+2) in 2013 may also apply.
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PH candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1983 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education mark sheet / certificate only will be taken as authentic.
RPET-2013 shall consist of single examination of three hours duration containing 40 objective type questions in each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The total no. of questions will be 120 carrying one mark each. There will be no negative marking for wrong answer. The questions in the test booklet will be both in Hindi as well as in English.
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION :
RPET-2013 will be conducted on 23th MAY, 2013 (Thursday) from 09.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon
. The Schedule of the Test will be:
Candidates should report to the examination centre 08.30 A.M.
Commencement of the examination 09.00 A.M.
No Candidate will be permitted after 09.30 A.M.
Candidates will not be allowed to leave the Examination Hall before 12.00 Noon
RPET 2013 Exam Centers:
Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Churu, Hindaun City, Jaipur, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kota, Pilani, Sikar, Sirohi, Sri Ganganagar, Sawai Madhopur, Tonk and Udaipur.
COST OF RPET 2013 APPLICATION FORM:
1. The cost of RPET-2013 Application Form is Rs. 800/-. It also includes the RPET-2013 examination fees.
2. This amount deposited for RPET-2013 is neither refundable nor transferable nor adjustable for future RPET.
3. A plea that the candidate failed to receive the information for appearing in the RPET-2013 will not be accepted as a ground for the refund of this amount or any other dues.
RPET-2013 ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
The applications for RPET-2013 will be accepted online only. The process of online submission of application form for RPET-2013 shall be carried out through any of the following websites :-
Date of commencement for filling of the online application : 21-03-2013
Date of closure for filling of the online application : 08-04-2013
Detailed instructions with regards to filling up of online application form and other related information are given on the web sites.
Candidates must perform following activities while submitting the online application form :
Step-1 : Deposition of Application Form Fees.
i. Cost of RPET-2013 Application Form is Rs. 800/- including the examination fees of RPET-2013.
ii. Candidates will contact any e-Mitra/CSC kiosk center authorized by the Government of Rajasthan and deposit a sum of Rs. 810/- (Rs. 800/- against Application form Fees and Rs. 10/- for e-Mitra service charges). This amount is neither refundable nor transferable nor adjustable for future RPET.
iii. The kiosk will generate a 16-digit Token number for the candidate using e-Mitra portal and issue a receipt containing this Token number. Candidates are advised to keep this receipt safely with them for further use.
iv. In order to activate the online application form for entering the required details, the candidate must enter his/her token no. in the appropriate column of the application form. The online application form will not accept entries without his/her Token number.
Step-2 : Documents to keep ready in hand before starting of filling Online Application form.
i. Scanned image of his/her Photograph in jpg format (image size Maximum upto 100 KB)
ii. Scanned image of his/her Signature in jpg format (image size Maximum upto 50 KB)
iii. Copy of mark sheets of X, XI and XII (if passed already) examination.
iv. Details of income of his/her parents from all income sources.
v. Mobile no. of the candidate or nearest relative.
Step-3 : Filling of Online Application form.
i. Candidate must read instructions of filling the online application form carefully.
ii. The entries of online application form must be filled as required.
iii. Candidate should ensure that the photo and signature are same as uploaded by the candidate himself.
iv. The changes (if required) will be allowed in online application form before final submission.
v. Web page will not accept any changes after final submission of online application form.
Step-4: Taking Printouts in Hardcopy only after final submission of online application form.
i. Candidate will take printout of application form which will be generated by the web portal after final submission
Step-5 : Submission of Application Form (Hardcopy) to the RPET-2013 office.
i. Attach all required documents as mentioned in checklist given in General Instruction. Write application form no. on each document.
ii. It is compulsory to send the application form (hardcopy) along with photocopy of documents to the following address through REGISTERED / SPEED POST (not through courier) :
The Coordinator RPET-2013,
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan
W-6, Residency Road,
Jodhpur – 342 032
The hard copy of the application form duly signed by the candidate along with requisite documents must reach at above address latest by 5.00 P.M. of 13th April, 2013
irrespective of the fact that whether 13th April, 2013 is a working day or not. The hard copy of the Application Form (RPET-2013) received after last date and time shall not be accepted.
INFORMATION REGARDING APPLICATION FORM :
Candidates are advised to visit the authorized web sites regularly for status of application and other details which are to be uploaded by the RPET from time to time.
ADMISSION CARD FOR RPET-2013 :
Admission Card for RPET-2013 will be uploaded on web portal of RPET-2013. No admission card will be sent personally to the candidate. The Coordinator RPET-2013 reserve the right to withdraw the permission granted by mistake to a candidate who is not eligible to appear at the RPET-2013 even though the Admission Card has been issued and produced by the candidate before the Centre Superintendent of RPET-2013.
RPET 2013 RESULT:
1. Merit will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate in RPET-2013.
2. Cut off Percentage will be decided by the Centralised Admission Coordination Committee (CACC) before declaration of result. However, percentage of passing for SC & ST candidates will be 5% less than that for other categories. In the event if vacancies exist in SC / ST category, the vacancies of SC category can be filled by ST candidates and vice versa.
3. The merit of a candidate in RPET-2013 will be conveyed through website and notice board of RPET.
4. The marks sheet shall be dispatched by post, soon after the publication of RPET merit list. In case a candidate does not receive the marks sheet within two weeks of publication of merit list, for any reason whatsoever, he/she should write to the Coordinator RPET 2013 for another copy which shall be issued on payment of Rs. 100/- by Bank Draft in favour of the Coordinator RPET-2013 payable at Jodhpur.
5. The merit of the candidates securing equal marks in aggregate in the RPET-2013 will be decided in the following order :
a) The marks obtained in Mathematics in RPET-2013 will determine the relative merit of such candidates.
b) In case of marks in Mathematics also being equal, the marks obtained in Physics at RPET-2013 will determine the merit.
c) In case there is a tie on the basis of the above criteria, the relative merit will be decided by the age of the candidate. The candidate of higher age (older candidate) will be placed on higher merit.
RPET 2013 ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
1. Candidates eligible after declaration of RPET-2013 result will be required to fill option form for the purpose of admission. The detailed direction / guidelines and schedule will be issued by the Coordinator, RPET-2013 later on. Subsequently the candidate will have to deposit Rs. 10000/- at the time of filling the option form. The admissions will be carried out on the basis of merit in RPET-2013, the order of options filled in by the candidates in the option form and seats available in respective institute. The candidates are advised to exercise their options very carefully.
The allotment of institute and branch will be carried out through the computer software by strictly following the order of merit, seats available and the order of options filled in by the candidate. No correction will be allowed in the Option Form once submitted. No admission shall be made after the date as fixed by Chairperson, CACC RPET-2013.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to secure information regarding the admission from the authorised web site of RPET and Notice Board of Coordinator RPET-2013. The non-receipt of communication to the candidate from Coordinator RPET-2013, Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan, Jodhpur will not be accepted as a ground for not submitting the Option Form or non-reporting in the allotted institute on the scheduled time and date. The candidate's allotment shall stand automatically cancelled if he/she does not report IN PERSON to the allotted institute as per schedule. In such case his/her registration with RPET-2013 will be cancelled.
2. Candidates who have appeared at the qualifying examination (10+2) of 2013 will have to submit the attested photocopy of the mark sheet of passing the qualifying examination (with required percentage as per eligibility norms) with Option Form, failing which his/her Option Form will not be accepted and the candidature will be cancelled automatically.
3. Adjustment of the amount Rs. 10000/- deposited with the Option Form :
a. This amount will be adjusted against fees for those candidates who have been allotted by RPET-2013 and reported in the allotted institute.
b. This amount will be refunded to only those candidates who have not allotted any institute by RPET- 2013 (Choice Exhausted).
c. If a seat is allotted to a candidate as per his/her options & merit and if he/she does not report in the allotted institute, then this amount will be forfeited (i.e. not refunded in any case).
Note : In case of any other mode of counseling, separate instructions / guidelines will be provided to the students through Newspapers, Website etc.
RPET 2013 Application Form
RPET 2013 Syllabus
RPET Sample Question Paper
RPET 2013 Participating Colleges
RPET 2013 Examination Pattern
The Coordinator RPET-2012,
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan
W-6, Residency Road,
Jodhpur - 342 032
Phone: (0291) 2632446
Fax: (0291) 2430398