Delhi University Law (DU LL.B/LL.M) Entrance Test Details
Delhi University (DU LLB/LLM) Law Entrance Test 2015
DU LL.B. Entrance Test 2014 Date:08th June, 2014 (Sunday)
DU LL.M. Entrance Test 2014 Date:15th June, 2014 (Sunday)
University of Delhi
Faculity of Law Admission Notification 2014-2015
DU LL.B./LL.M. Entrance Test 2014:
LL.B. (3 Year Course) and LL.M. Entrance Test 2014-15
The Entrance Tests for admission to First Year of LLB (Three Year Degree Course) for the year 2014-15 will be held in Delhi.
LL.B. Date of Entrance Test: 08th June, 2014 (Sunday)
Eligibility: Graduate Degree with 50% marks for General & OBC candidates; Relaxation up to 5% marks for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates; 45% marks for widows/wards of ex-servicemen/serving personnel (CW); and degree with pass marks for SC/ST candidates.
LL.M. Date of Entrance Test: 15th June, 2014 (Sunday)
Eligibility: LL.B. Degree (3 Years/5 Years Course) with 50% marks for General candidates; Relaxation up to 5% marks for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates; 45% marks for SC/ST/CW & OBC candidates.
LL.B./LL.M. ADMISSION SCHEDULE 2014-15:
1. The University has made provision for receiving applications for all post graduate courses called centralized registration system including Three Year LL. B. and 2 year LL. M. and 3 yr Part-time LLM Courses centrally for admissions and they will have to apply online.
2. Admissions are done on the basis of Entrance Test, thus the candidate has to apply for sitting in entrance test. On the basis of the result of the entrance test, counseling shall take place for admissions.
3. The Centralized Registration of candidates for LL.B. / LL.M. Courses shall be made from March 10, 2014 to April 18, 2014.
4. The Last Date for Centralized Registration for LLB/LLM is April 18, 2014.
5. The following fee for making application is applicable:
i. General / OBC category -- Registration Fee of Rs 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
ii. Candidates of SC / ST / PWD Registration Fees of Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)
6. The documents relevant for the application and photograph of the applicant shall be uploaded by the candidates along with the online Registration form as per the instruction on the University website.
7. The University shall not receive any applications for LLB/LLM admissions apart from the online submission.
The work of Admission applications is handled by Sh Ram Dutt Dy Registrar (Academic) and Dr Sanjeev Singh EU-India Cross Cultural Innovation Network, IIC, UDSC, N Delhi 21, Ph 24110237.
DU Law 2014 Important Dates:
i. Last date for submission of Application Form: 18 April 2014
ii. Date of LL.B. Entrance Test: 08 June, 2014, Sunday at 2:00 pm
iii. Date of LL.M. Entrance Test: 15 June, 2014, Sunday at 10:00 am
iv. Result of LLB/LLM Entrance Test: Within one week of the test
v. Admissions by Counseling: July 1, 2014 to Aug 8, 2014
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES:
The candidates are allowed entry only upto 10.00 a.m. after which all gates of Examination Centre shall be closed and no candidate will be allowed entry under any circumstances.
Admit Card: Candidate must show the Admit Card bearing Roll No. whenever asked to by the Examination Centre officials.
1. The LL.M. Entrance Test 2014 will be held at Delhi for which reporting time is 9.30 a.m. on Sunday, 15 June 2014 and Test will start at 10.00 a.m. After 10.00 a.m. no candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall. The test will be of two hours duration starting from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
2. The language of the Entrance Test will be English.
3. Each question shall carry four marks. For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted. No mark will be awarded or deducted for a question which is left unanswered.
4. The general instructions to the candidates will be supplied later on the University website.
STRUCTURE OF LL.B. ENTRANCE TEST: The Entrance Test Paper will have 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers on : English Language Comprehension, to test the ability to analyse written information, comprehending the main ideas and significant details and drawing inferences from the material presented and testing the general comprehension of language including grammar; Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness and Aptitude for testing the ability to evaluate an assumption, inference or argument that is presented in a short statement and solving the legal problems; for testing general awareness aptitude about law and the legal system; and General Knowledge. All sections may not have equal number of questions.
STRUCTURE OF LL.M. ENTRANCE TEST: The Test paper will consist of 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers in the following areas, viz. Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Family Law of Marriage & Divorce and Public International Law (Law of Peace).
COUNSELING FOR LL.B./ LLM ADMISSIONS:
All admissions are made by Counseling from July 1 2014 to August 2, 2014 as per the Schedule given below. The Faculty of Law shall await the result of candidates only till August 5, 2014 for LLB or Aug 7, 2014 for LLM or such date as may be notified by the University. The balance seats not filled in above counseling shall be filled on Aug 6, 2014 for LLB or Aug 8, 2014 for LLM.
University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110 007, India.
Phone: 27667934, 27666348