Pune University MCA Entrance Examination 2015
Pune University MCA Entrance Exam 2014 Date: 23rd March, 2014
University of Pune
Department of Computer Science
PUCSD Entrance Examination 2014 (Only for Science Faculty Graduates)
M.C.A. Under Science Faculty & M.Sc. (Computer Science)
i. M.C.A. (under Science Faculty)
ii. M.Sc. (Computer Science)
For M.C.A.: Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
For M.Sc. (Computer Science): Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions)
Date of Examination: 23rd March 2014
Last date of online Application: 09th March 2014
Last date of submission of printout of Application Form alongwith DD and necessary documents: 12th March 2014
Issue of Admit Cards (Tentative): February 20 - March 2, 2014
In Maharashtra State: Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State: Delhi, Varanasi, Hyderabad
Application Fees (Non Refundable):
Unreserved : Rs. 800/-
Reserved(For Maharashtra) : Rs. 500/-
1. Application Fee has to be paid through Demand Draft of Nationalised Bank only, drawn in favour of ‘The Registrar, University of Pune’, payable at Pune.
2. Please mention your name and application form number (which you will receive after submitting the online application form with details) on the back of the Demand Draft.
3. THE PUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc.
Syllabus for PUCSD Entrance Examination:
The entrance examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions (100 marks), and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language.
i. Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
ii. Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
iii. Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
iv. Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
v. Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
vi. Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
vii. Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
viii. Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
ix. Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
x. Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
xi. Permutations and Combinations.
xii. Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
1. This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, University of Pune.
2. 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
3. Regarding the PUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
4. Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
5. Caste validity certificate is essentital for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
6. Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
Procedure for submission of Application Form:
How To Apply:
1. Draw a Demand Draft (DD) of any Nationalised Bank in favor of "The Registrar, University of Pune", payable at Pune, of the amount as applicable. You should have all the details of DD (Number, Date and Bank name) at the time of filling the Online Application Form.
2. To submit an online application form, it is very important and necessary to furnish all the details of DD.
KINDLY FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BELOW:
1. If you are a new user of this online system, please register with the system by providing username, password and Email address. After registration, a registration code will be sent to the Email address provided by you at the time of registration.
2. When you become a registered member of this system by filling the Username and password, you will receive a registration code on your email. Please remember your Username, Password and the registration code. If you forget your password click the "Forgot Password" link.
3. Once you are the registered user of this system, after clicking on the Apply Online link, you can fill an Online Application Form for an Entrance Examination 2012.
4. Fill all the information carefully. Unless you are satisfied with the information provided by you in the form is correct do not click on the "Submit" button. Once you click the submit button, the online application submission process is complete and you will be directed to a page showing your application form with two options Print and Logout. In no case you will be allowed to update or edit the information filled in application form. Then you can take a print by clicking on Print link.
5. Write the following details on the back of DD:
1) Name of the Applicant
2) Application Form Number
6. A printed copy of the application form generated through the online application process needs to be posted/couriered to the following address or to be submitted in the office of the department. Please superscribe the envelope by "APPLICATION FORM - M.Sc./M.C.A." which contains the following documents:
a. A Copy of an Application form duly signed by the candidate.
b. The Demand Draft
c. Attested copy of Domicile Certificate (for candidates residing in Maharashtra State). If an applicant is not holding a domicile certificate but has passed S.S.C. and H.S.C. from the state of Maharashtra, then he/she should submit the attested copies of marklist/passing certificate for S.S.C. and H.S.C.
d. An attested copy of the caste certificate and/or Valid Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable/available) for reserved category applicant.
Department of Computer Science,
University of Pune,
7. On receipt of your application along with DD and necessary documents, your online application will be validated. Further details about the Admit Cards of all such applicants will be posted on this website in due course of time. ADMIT CARDS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 20-02-2013 AND 02-03-2013.
* Regarding Online application procedure if you have any queries then,
1. Queries regarding eligibility, syllabus etc. will not be entertained on this E-mail.
2. Instruction/information related to the PUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2013 available on this website only is authentic and applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other means (eg. on telephone / personnel from the office of the Department) may not be entertained and/or applicable.
Department of Computer Science,
University of Pune,
Ganeshkhind, Pune - 411007.
Phone No: +91-20-2560 1446
Fax No: +91-20-2569 0794