All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS Entrance Examination 2014
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2014 Date: 01st June, 2014 (Sunday) 10.00 AM to 1.30 PM
All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
AIIMS MBBS Admission Prospectus 2014
AIIMS MBBS 2014 Important Dates:
i. Last date for Online Registration of Applications on AIIMS website (upto 5.00 PM) www.aiimsexams.org: 17 March, 2014
ii. Status of Applications and date of hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org (The admit cards will be made available through internet only and not by post): 16th May, 2014
iii. Date of Entrance Examination In online and off line mode subject to availability of candidates in a particular centre: 01st June, 2014 (Sunday)
iv. Expected date of declaration of Result: 25th June, 2014
DATES AND VENUE FOR THE COUNSELING FOR SIX NEW AIIMS WILL BE INTIMATED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE, NIRMAN BHAVAN NEW DELHI IN DUE COURSE.
The result will be displayed on the Notice Board of Examination Section, AIIMS New Delhi and at all the Six New AIIMS sites and will also be available on the internet at www.aiims.ac.in, www.aiims.edu, www.aiimsexams.org and also on www.mohfw.nic.in Result of individual candidates will NOT be informed on telephone.
Six New All India Institutes of Medical Sciences: 1. Bhopal 2. Bhubaneswar 3. Jodhpur 4. Patna 5. Raipur 6. Rishikesh
Application Fee: General / OBC Category: Rs.1000/-(SC/ST Category: Rs.800/-) + Transaction Charges as applicable. Payment through Computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India.
Number of Seats & Reservation:
A. AIIMS NEW DELHI: Each year 77 (seventy seven) seats are available for admission to the graduate medical course, leading to the award of the degree of M.B.B.S. by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. Out of these, 11 (eleven) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Castes, 5 (five) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Tribes, 19 (nineteen) seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes and 5 (five) seats are reserved for the Foreign Nationals nominated by the Government of India and 37 (thirty seven) seats for General Category. For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. If requisite number of suitable candidates are not available to fill the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes, the same are filled out of the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice versa. In case suitable candidates are not available from the above two reserved categories, Orthopaedically handicapped and OBCs, the vacant seats will be filled by the candidates from the general category.
B. SIX AIIMS LIKE INSTITUTIONS: From August 2012, Six New AIIMS like Institutions (viz: Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar) will start with an intake of 50 students each. The reservation policy followed will be 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC. For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for Orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available.
DURATION OF COURSE: The Course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of 5½ academic years including one year's compulsory internship.
A) For Indian Nationals:
Age : He/She should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission. (Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 1996 are NOT eligible to apply.)
Essential Qualifications : He/She should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognised University/Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.
Minimum Aggregate : He/She should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the case of General & OBC and 50% in case of SC/ST candidates in agregate in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.
Note: All those candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks on or before the date.
B) For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI): OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear to this test.
C) For Foreign Nationals: (For AIIMS NEW DELHI only)
Foreign candidate nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course. Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
Procedure to Apply:
A) For Indian Nationals: (Common to AIIMS NEW DELHI & SIX AIIMS LIKE INSTITUTIONS)
1. A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to apply online application in the prescribed format available online at www.aiimsexams.org with the prospectus.
2. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
3. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the online application form.
4. Online Registration & Submission of Application Form: A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the online application form. Candidates are advised to give order of preference for the Six New AIIMS, apart from AIIMS New Delhi in the Application Form.
5. No document (copies of certificates, mark-sheets etc.) is required to be attached with the application. The candidates recommended for admission on the basis of results of the Entrance Examination, will be required to submit attested copies of certificates/mark-sheets in support of their claims of educational qualifications, marks, category, date of birth etc. to Asstt. Controller of Examinations, AIIMS by hand/speed post/regd. post within 7 (seven) days from the date of declaration of result of the Entrance Examination. Failure to do so may entail cancellation of candidature of the defaulting candidate, and offer of seat to the next candidate.
6. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address in the Application Form is filled. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss in transit or for incorrect address given by the applicant in the Application Form.
7. Status of Online Registration: Acknowledgement with regard to successful Online Registration will be forwarded to applicant email ID/ SMS. However, the status of Application / Admit Card will be available on AIIMS website www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu as well as www.aiimsexams.org after 16th May, 2012. Candidates are advised to check position regarding acknowledgement of their Online Registration. If the status of a candidate’s Application Registration No./ Admit Card is not available on website, he/she should immediately write to the Asstt. Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi -110 608 along with full particulars of the Registration of application form.
B) For Foreign Nationals: (For AIIMS, NEW DELHI only)
1. The foreign nationals are not required to fill up the application form prescribed by All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
2. Procedure: Foreign nationals who wish to apply for admission to MBBS Course against the five (05) seats reserved for foreign candidates should apply to the Government of India through their Diplomatic Channels and not to AIIMS. The nominations for foreign category are made by the Government of India. Candidates are, therefore, advised to correspond with the Ministry of External Affair, Government of India, New Delhi, and not with this Institute.
MBBS Entrance Examination 2012:
All candidates will be required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination, which will be conducted by the Institute on Friday the 1st June, 2012. The venue and time of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card. No candidate will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a valid "Admit Card" issued by the Institute.
The examination will be held at seventeen cities listed below. Candidates should indicate their 1st choice of centre in the application form. The centre of examination once opted will not be changed and any request for such a change will not be entertained. Therefore, the candidate should indicate his/her choice of centre with due care and thought. In case of any discrepancy and non availability of centre in the city as opted, the centre as allotted by AIIMS will be considered as final.
|Name of City/Centre||Code||Name of City/Centre||Code
The Competitive Entrance Examination will be of 3½ hours
duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
|Subject||Number of Question
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||60
Incorrect responses will be given negative marks. Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark and each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3 (minus-one-third). No credit will be given for the questions not answered. More than one response will be treated as wrong answer and negatively marked.
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. No syllabus for the examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
Language of Question Paper:
Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi according to the choice of candidates. A candidate must select in the space provided in the application form whether he/she prefers to have the question paper in English or Hindi. This choice cannot be changed later at any stage.
Minimum Cut Off Mark in MBBS Entrance Exam:
As per decision of the Governing body and Institute body of AIIMS Delhi in its meeting held on 26/11/09 with regard to cutoff marks in the MBBS Entrance Examination, the candidate belonging to General category will be required to have 50% minimum cutoff marks, those belonging to OBC category will be required to have 45% minimum cutoff marks and those belonging to SC/ST will have to ensure atleast 40% minimum marks in the MBBS Entrance Examination. The same rule will apply for the six new AIIMS also.
OPH candidates will be required to secure a minimum of 50% marks in case of General Category candidates, 45% for OBC & 40% for SC/ST candidates in the Entrance Examination as per latest direction of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare & the reservation etc.
Declaration of Results:
1. The list of candidates who qualify for admission to the M.B.B.S. course at the AIIMS New Delhi, would be declared by 15th July, 2012
. Roll numbers of candidates who qualify for admission will be displayed on notice board of Examination Section, AIIMS and will also be published in leading newspapers and intimation to that effect will also be sent to them by the Institute under Speed Post/Registered Post. The result will also be available on AIIMS website www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu The Institute will not be responsible for delay in receipt/non-receipt of intimation by the candidates.
2. The Institute will not intimate the individual unsuccessful candidates regarding the result of Entrance Test. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. However, the mark of individual candidate will be available on AIIMS / MoHFW website on completion of the admission process.
3. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking of answer sheet will not be entertained under any circumstances.
4. The additional list of candidates who qualified for admission to MBBS courses in six new AIIMS, would be declared by 25th July
. Roll numbers of candidates who qualify for admission to six new AIIMS will also be displayed on notice boards of six new AIIMS sites, published in leading newspapers and intimation sent to the applicant by speed / registered post. The result will also be available on www.mohfw.nic.in . MoHFW will not be responsible of delay in receipt / non-receipt of intimation to the candidate.
Admission Procedure and Date of Joining:
1. Admitted candidates must join classes on 1st August, 2012. The admission of the candidates, who fail to join the Course by the date stipulated in the letter of intimation, shall automatically be cancelled and such seats shall then be offered to the candidates on the waiting list in order of merit in the same category.
2. Normally no candidate, Indian or Foreign National, will be admitted to the MBBS course beyond 30th September of the year of the admission. No candidate except foreign nationals will be admitted under any circumstances beyond 30th September of the year of admission. The candidates who are admitted after 30th September will be eligible for appearing in the first professional examination only with the next batch of students.
3. Candidates selected for admission to the MBBS course at the AIIMS after verification of their eligibility and offered admission should bring the following original certificates/ testimonials/documents at the time of admission:
i. Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examinations, showing the subject offered by him/her in the examination.
ii. Certificate from the Board from which he/she passed the High School/Higher Secondary Examination, showing his/her date of birth.
iii. Certificate/Mark sheet from the Board from which he/she passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination showing that he/she has secured 60% or more marks (50% in case of SC/ST/Orthopaedic Physically handicapped candidates) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
iv. Migration Certificate from the University/Board last attended by him/her.
v. a) SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority. Community should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
b) OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority. The sub-caste should tally with the Central list of OBC. OBC candidates should not belong to Creamy layer. OBC certificate must be in the prescribed format.
c) Certificate from prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
Note: Applicable only to candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe/OBC/OPH Category.
For enquiries relating to Entrance Examination please contact:
Assistant Controller (Exams)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110 608
Phone: 26589900, 26588500 Extn. 4971, 6421, 4499, 6422
Fax: 011 2658 8789
For enquiries relating to Counseling and Admission to Six new AIIMS, please contact from 1st July, 2012 onwards:
PMSSY Section, Room No.22 ‘A’ Wing,
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,
Nirman Bhawan, Maulana Azad Road,
New Delhi - 110 011.
Tel Fax: No- 011-2306187