Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore Medical PG Admissions 2015-2016
CMC Vellore PG Admission 2015 CBT Date: 24th January, 2015
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE MEDICAL PG ADMISSIONS 2015 BULLETIN
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: “Candidates may kindly take note that the Medical Council of India has notified the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test pursuant to the Post Graduate Medical Education (Amendment) Regulations, 2010 (Part-II). The Institution has challenged these Regulations and the matter is pending in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. The admission process being commenced through this Bulletin, is subject to the Orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court”.
This bulletin may be downloaded free from our website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in Essential details are provided to enable candidates to fill their application form for the various postgraduate degree and diploma courses beginning 2013. Please go through this carefully before filling the form. Application is available ONLY online.
|ADMISSION TIME TABLE 2013*
|08 Nov 2012||Last date for access of online application form till 12 midnight
|10 Nov 2012||Last date for receipt of completed application till 12 noon
|17 Nov 2012||Last date for receipt of completed sponsorship forms
|08 Dec 2012||Step 1: Written Test
|14 Dec 2012||Announcement of list of candidates called for Step 2
|07 Jan 2013||Registration for Step 2 and Medical Checkup
|08 Jan 2013||Step 2: Assessment of Skills & Knowledge at Vellore.
|09 Jan 2013||Announcement of final selection list.
|10 Jan 2013||Acceptance by 8.00 am
|28 Jan 2013||Last date for receipt of completed registration forms for selected candidates
|25 Feb 2013||Registration for admission to Degree Courses**
|26 Feb 2013||Registration for admission to Diploma Courses**
|27&28 Feb 2013||Mandatory orientation programme for all Post graduates
|01 Mar 2013||Courses begin
* Dates are subject to change
** Registration will be as per the schedule provided in the final selection notice. Please note that registration for each speciality will ONLY be during the time stipulated. Late registration will not be entertained.
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAMME
The table gives a list of all the courses for which admissions are offered in March 2013.
POST GRADUATE COURSES IN THIS INSTITUTION ARE IN-SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
|SUBJECTS||COURSE NAME||DURATION (YEARS)||NO. OF SEATS*||TYPE OF TEST PAPER AVAILABLE||ELIGIBILITY
||General or Special – Anaesthesia
1. Candidates having qualified for the M.B.B.S Degree and having completed their compulsory rotating residential internship and obtained full registration before 15/05/2013, are eligible to apply for the postgraduate diploma and degree courses.
2. Candidates having qualified for a postgraduate diploma may also apply for the postgraduate degree (MS/MD) course in the same subject. Post Diploma candidates with a diploma in the same subject will undergo 2 years training for the degree. Note: Those who complete a DCP will not have this benefit for MD Pathology. Candidates currently undergoing training for a postgraduate diploma need to complete the same by 15/05/2013.
3. Those with a service obligation will need to have completed the same by 15/05/2013.@
4. Refer to page 8 for details regarding General or Special paper.
|Anatomy ||M.D. ||3 ||4 ||General or Special – Anatomy
|Biochemistry ||M.D. ||3 ||2 ||General or Special – Biochemistry
|Clinical Pathology ||D.C.P. ||2 ||2 ||General only
|Community Med ||M.D. ||3 ||6 ||General or Special - Comm. Med.
|Dermatology Venerol & Lep.
||M.D. ||3 ||3
||General or Special – Dermatology
|D.D.V.L. ||2 ||1
||M.S. ||3 ||6
||General or Special - ENT
|Geriatric Medicine ||M.D. ||3 ||1 ||General only
|General Medicine ||M.D.|| 3|| 8 ||General only
|General Surgery ||M.S. ||3 ||10 ||General only
|Microbiology ||M.D. ||3 ||4 ||General or Special - Microbiology
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology
||M.D. ||3 ||6
||General or Special - Obst. & Gynae
||M.S. ||3 ||7
||General or Special – Ophthalmology
||M.S. ||3 ||8
||General or Special - Orthopaedics
||M.D. ||3 ||8
||General or Special - Paediatrics
|Pathology ||M.D. ||3 ||8 ||General or Special - Pathology
|Pharmacology ||M.D. ||3 ||2 ||General or Special - Pharmacology
|Physiology|| M.D. ||3 ||4 ||General or Special - Physiology
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|| M.D. ||3 ||4 ||General or Special - PMR
||M.D. ||3 ||6
||General or Special - Psychiatry
||M.D. ||3 ||6
||General or Special - Radiology
||M.D. ||3 ||5
||General or Special - Radiotherapy
|Respiratory Med ||M.D.|| 3 ||2 ||General only
|Transfusion Med|| M.D. ||3 ||3 ||General or Special - Transfusion
|Medical Physics||Residency in Medical Physics||2||2||Special tests and interview||MSc degree in Medical Physics or a Postgraduate Diploma in Hospital Physics (Dip R.P) from BARC, Mumbai.
*Number of seats variable
@ Please refer page 5 (a)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Application forms can be accessed only online through the Christian Medical College website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in The downloaded form duly filled should be submitted by post with a basic administrative fee of Rs.750/- and registration fee of Rs. 600 per course.
Candidates applying from SAARC countries should send a Demand Draft for Rs.1500/- or its equivalent and those from other foreign countries, US dollars 100 or its equivalent as administrative fee in addition to the registration fee per course.
Money can be remitted by using any one of the following methods:
1. As a challan at no extra cost at any branch of ICICI bank in India. A challan will be generated when filling payment details in the application form. Please mention FC-CMC-V on the challan. (Send the original challan with the application form)
2. Demand draft in favour of “C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c” on any Scheduled Bank, payable in Vellore. Keep your demand draft ready before filling the application form. Write your name and application number on the back of the demand draft before dispatching.
3. Online payment using payment gateway
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORM:
Please read the instructions carefully before filling the form.
N.B.: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE TAKEN AS FINAL. NO CHANGES WILL BE PERMITTED.
1. Fill the form online and click “submit”.
2. Take a printout of the completed application form and the application confirmation form.
3. Check the details for correctness.
4. Make your PAYMENT by any one of the methods mentioned above.
5. Send in the completed form with the proof of payment and all the other required ENCLOSURES to the Office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore 632002
to reach on or before the last date.
If your internet connectivity is lost after the first stage of filling your application form, go to admissions home page click on ‘retrieve application number’ enter your name, date of birth and email address. After this step you will receive an email with your application number.
Please keep your application number as ID and date of birth as password to download your hall ticket from the website.
1. Candidates may apply up to a maximum of 4 courses in 2 subjects only (e.g. DPM and M.D. Psychiatry = 2 courses in ONE subject). Candidates cannot apply for more than 2 subjects. Please note that DCP and MD Pathology are considered 2 different subjects and, candidates with a DCP will have to do a 3 year MD Pathology course.
2. Candidates must mention the order of preference for admission into the courses in the application form, when applying for more than one course. CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE EITHER THE CHOICE OF SUBJECT, ORDER OF PREFERENCE, OR THE TYPE OF PAPER AFTER REGISTRATION.
3. Candidates must enclose self-attested, clear photocopies, where applicable of:
a) Certificate of completion of Sponsorship obligation (applicable to those who were previously sponsored by CMC or any other member of the Christian Medical College Vellore Association or Council and are serving / have served their sponsorship obligation).
b) Proof of service in area of need. (If annexure 5 is filled, certification needs to be enclosed). Only those with valid attested certification will be considered.
c) Proof of service of two years in one or more mission hospitals of any of the supporting bodies of this institution after graduation, for all sponsored candidates.
d) A certificate to the effect that the candidate is the best outgoing student. (Format as in annexure 4 ) Only those with valid attested certificates and supporting documents will be considered.
4. “No Objection Certificate” from The Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi -110 011 for all foreign students.
5. Last date for receipt of completed application form with all the required enclosures: The completed form should reach the Office of the Registrar, Christian Medical College, Vellore - 632 002, by 12 noon 10th November 2012. Applications received after this time limit will not be considered. Applications that lack any one or more of the enclosures after this time limit will also not be considered. We are not responsible for any postal delay.
6. Candidates are advised to submit their applications as early as possible. Applicants employed in Government or similar establishments who need to route their applications through “proper channels” for the purpose of sponsorship/ permission/ leave, etc., are advised to submit an application as detailed above for the desired course, complete with all the required enclosures directly to the Office of the Registrar before the closing date. A photocopy of the completed application may be routed through the “proper channels”. This would avoid rejection of the application from such candidates due to receipt after the closing date on account of delays in various sanctioning offices.
Errors arising out of incorrect or improper data entry will be the sole responsibility of the candidate.
A candidate admitted to undergo a three year MD/MS postgraduate degree course will not be eligible to appear for any postgraduate diploma course exam during the three year period of study for the degree course.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
MD / MS / Diplomas:
Candidates who have qualified for the M.B.B.S Degree of the Madras University or any other University recognised as equivalent by the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University and the Indian Medical Council and have completed their compulsory rotating residential internship and obtained full registration before 15/05/2013 are eligible to apply for the postgraduate diploma and degree courses.
Candidates who have qualified for a postgraduate diploma may also apply for the postgraduate degree (MS/MD) course in the same subject. Post Diploma candidates with a diploma in the same subject need to undergo 2 years of training for the degree.
Note: Those who complete a DCP will not have this benefit for MD Pathology. Candidates currently pursuing a postgraduate training programme and who complete the same by the 15th of May 2013 only will be eligible to apply.
Residency in Medical Physics: MSc degree in Medical Physics or a Post-graduate diploma in Hospital Physics (Dip R.P) from BARC, Mumbai.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection of candidates for Postgraduate courses will be according to the directives of the CMC Vellore Council. Fifty percent of seats in each course are reserved for sponsored candidates, provided they fulfill other criteria for eligibility for admission. However, more than 50% of the available seats may be allotted to sponsored candidate based on their ranking in the selection test. The wait list is based on ranking in the selection tests. The first sponsored candidate on the waiting list will ordinarily fill vacancies arising by sponsored candidates not accepting a seat to make up 50% reservation for sponsored candidates. In the event that more than 50% of the seats in any course are filled by sponsored candidates and one of the sponsored candidates does not accept the seat, it will be offered to the next candidate on the wait list by rank irrespective of whether he or she is sponsored or open. No admissions will usually be made after 25th May 2013.
Weightage will be given to
a) Those who have served in areas of need.
b) Those who are sponsored by eligible sponsoring bodies of the CMC Vellore Association.
c) Those who were the best outgoing students of their medical college.
The Principal’s decision regarding the above is final.
Any falsification of information will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Hall Ticket will be available at the college website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in after 1st December 2012. Use the application number as ID and date of birth as password to download and print your hall ticket. Check for accuracy of details. Only one Hall Ticket will be generated per candidate even if the candidate is registered for more than one course. In case of non-availability of the hall ticket one week prior to the date of the written test, candidates must contact the Office of the Registrar by fax, email or telephone. Please keep your application number handy when you call.
1. The written test will be conducted at BENGALURU, CHENNAI, DELHI, HYDERABAD, KOLKATA, MUMBAI, PUDUCHERRY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM and VELLORE.
2. The written test will be of 2 types:
a. A GENERAL paper consisting of multiple choice questions drawn from all subjects taught in the undergraduate medical course.
b. A SPECIAL paper consisting of multiple choice questions in the speciality for which the candidate has applied and subjects allied to it e.g., the paper for E.N.T. may include questions in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, etc., with respect to the ear, nose and throat.
1. i. A candidate may write a general paper for all his/her choices (a maximum of 4 courses in 2 subjects)
ii. They may write a General paper for selection to a course in one subject and write a Special paper for selection to the second course.
2. Candidates will not be permitted to write two Special papers.
3. Candidates are NOT permitted to write both the General paper and the Special paper for selection to two courses of the SAME SPECIALTY.
The duration of the General and Special papers are 3 hours each (225 questions). All candidates who wish to take the written test are required to be in their assigned seats at the time, date and place stipulated on the Hall ticket. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes of the stipulated examination commencement time.
Those who cannot take the examination on a Saturday for religious reasons (eg. SDAs) should apply separately to the Registrar for special arrangements to take the examination. This special arrangement however will only be available at Vellore.
For those taking the exams in Vellore: Please note that no accommodation will be available in the Hospital Annexe or any of the institutional guest houses or hostels during this period.
A list of candidates who are selected for the Step 2 which includes assessment of skills & knowledge will be put up on notice boards in the College and Town campuses and on the website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in A medical checkup will be held the day prior to the interview. All candidates invited for the Step 2 MUST bring a Chest X-ray of size 15” x 12” taken within the last 6 months.
Note - Candidates who are currently pregnant or pregnancy is a possibility are exempt from the Chest X-ray.
Candidates who are invited to Step 2 MUST have the following documents.
a) Degree Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate or Official Final Mark Sheet issued by the University, for each course done - M.B.B.S. / Diploma.
Certificates issued by other authorities are not acceptable
b) Course and Conduct Certificate issued by the Principal / Dean of the College and stamped with the Seal of office giving the dates of commencement and completion of the course, stating clearly that the candidate does not have any pending obligation of service - one certificate for each course done M.B.B.S. / Diploma. Certificates issued by other authorities are not acceptable.
c) STATE MEDICAL COUNCIL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE (Temporary or Permanent).
All selected candidates who wish to accept the postgraduate seat offered, must give their acceptance in writing by the date and time stipulated in the Selection Notice. Failure to provide acceptance in writing by the date and time stipulated in the Selection Notice will lead to automatic forfeiture of the seat offered and the next eligible candidate on the waiting list will be invited to join the course, as per the selection policy.
The waitlisted candidate will be sent a provisional offer of admission by telegram and email. The candidate must provide acceptance in writing or as a scanned copy of signed acceptance by e mail by the date and time stipulated in the offer of provisional admission. The e mail needs to be followed up with a signed hard copy of the letter of acceptance. The candidate must contact the Vice Principal’s office (PG) (0416- 2284262, email@example.com) if they do not receive an acknowledgement of their e mail / letter accepting the provisional admission. Failure to send an acceptance of the offer, will lead to automatic forfeiture of the seat offered and the next eligible candidate in the waiting list will be invited to join the course, as per the selection policy.
Results and Eligibility for supplementary selection of all candidates who have attended the entrance examination will be put up on the website: http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in
In the event of there being vacant postgraduate seats after the primary selection, a list of available seats will be announced on the college website: http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in and the College notice board .Candidates who are eligible and wish to apply for the notified available seats, may apply for a maximum of 2 courses to the Registrar’s Office with no additional registration or other fees. They must apply within the stipulated date clearly mentioning their current contact details (e mail, mobile no., landline no. etc), Registration number, Hall ticket number, the courses applied for and the priority of choices of those courses. Applicants short-listed for these vacancies will be invited for Step 2 assessment of skills & knowledge. The Supplementary selection advertisements and lists will be put up on the website and notice boards as vacancies arise. It is the candidate’s responsibility to keep track of the availability of such seats. No admissions are generally possible after 25th May 2013.
Last date for withdrawal from MD/MS/Diploma level courses is 01.05.2013.
Candidates who accept the offer of selection and join the course will be expected to complete the whole training period. If due to extra-ordinary circumstances a candidate is forced to discontinue, the desire to withdraw should be notified to the Principal in writing by 01 May 2013. Those who withdraw from the course thereafter will not be selected for any training course or staff appointment subsequently in this institution. They will be required to pay the fees for the full course and make compensatory payment at the rate of the stipend normally paid to them, an amount that is proportionate to any shortage of notice for withdrawal that is less than one month. Tuition fee and University Registration fee once paid will not be refunded.
Waitlisted candidates should keep the Vice Principal’s Office updated about their address and phone numbers up to 25/05/2013.
Candidates are advised to ensure accuracy of information provided by them with respect to their address, phone number and e mail id. The Vice Principal’s Office will not be held responsible for any non-delivery of communication due to inaccurate /outdated contact details provided by the candidate.
Christian Medical College,
Vellore - 632002,
Phone: +91 (416) 2284255, 5214255
Fax: +91 (416) 2262788