Madhya Pradesh Pre Medical Test (MP PMT) 2014
MP PMT 2013 Date: 19th May, 2013 (Sunday) (TENTATIVE)
Pre-Medical Test (P.M.T.) - 2014
MP PMT 2013 - Pre Medical Test Madhya Pradesh also abbreviated as MP PMT or PMT MP and PMT or medical entrance examination is admission test conducted by Professional Examination Board (PEB) Bhopal (Vyavasayik Pareeksha Mandal – VyaPaM, Madhya Pradesh) for undergraduate students in science stream.
Aspiring medical students write PMT Madhya Pradesh for admission into under graduate medical courses and other related disciplines in the state medical colleges of Madhya Pradesh. On the basis of performance in PMT seats are also offered in Pharmacy and Nursing programs.
Vyapam conducts state wide PMT entrance examination and centralize counseling for successful candidates in PMT for admission to undergraduate medical courses. On the basis of performance in Pre Medical Test Madhya Pradesh (PMT MP) following study programs are offered;
i. Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
ii. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
iii. Bachelor in Pharmaceutics (B.Pharm.), and
iv. Bachelor of Science – Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
P.M.T 2012 Important Dates:
Date of Advertisement: 29/04/12
Start of Sale of Application Forms/Online Submission: 30/04/12
End of Sale of Application Forms: 20/05/12
End of Receipt of Application Forms/Online Submission: 20/05/12
Date of Test: 10/06/12
MP PMT 2012 Test Fees: Rs. 700/- for General Category and OBC, Rs. 350/- for SC & ST.
MP PMT 2012 Application Form:
MP PMT Application Form 2012 are sold through different channels across the state of Madhya Pradesh. Now Vyapam also accepts online application form. State wide notification issued by PEB Bhopal for sale of application form and commencement of PMT examination. Candidate can follow any of the following given modes to apply for MP PMT.
Off Line Process: Candidates can apply by Obtaining the Application form of Madhya Pradesh PMT from Professional Examination Board M.P., Link Road No.-1, Arera Hills, Chinar Park Extension, Bhopal 462011 on cash payment of Rs. 500/- (250/- in case of SC/ST of Candidates of MP). It can also be acquired by sending a request along with a DD of Rs 550/- (300/- in case of S/ST candidates of MP) in favor of Professional Examination Board, Bhopal.
On Line Process: Application Form of the Madhya Pradesh Pre Medical Test can also be accessed on line. Those who submit the online application form should make the payment Rs. 550/- (300/- for SC/ST candidates of MP) in the form of a demand draft while sending the confirmation page. Duly filled application form should be sent to the VYAPAM office (Controller, Professional Examination Board 'Chayan Bhawan', Main Road No.1, Chinar Park (East) Bhopal - 462011).
MP PMT 2012 Eligibility:
Age Limit: Candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before 1st July of the year of PMT examination.
Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary Exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For B.Pharm. course candidates should have passed Sr. Sec. Exam. with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
The candidates belonging to one of the categories mentioned above should also fulfill the following minimum conditions to appear in the Entrance Examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS/BDS:
i) He/She will attain the age of 17 years or more on 31 December of the year of examination.
ii) The candidate must have passed both the following examinations:-
a) Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education, Madya Pradesh or an examination recognised as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
b) The candidate must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of the Competitive Entrance Examination i.e. PMTMP by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the Competitive Examination.
1. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Backward Class the marks obtained be read as 40% instead of 50% (both at qualifying and competitive examinations).
2. The candidates passing qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible provided they fulfil the conditions laid down at ii (a).
3. The conditions at ‘A’ above will not be applicable in case of nominees of Govt. of India.
4. Diploma in Pharmacy and Dressor’s Course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission to MBBS/BDS courses according to the rules of M.D. University and Kurukshetra University.
5. The list of the examinations recognised as equivalent to 10+2 examinations of Board of School Education, Madya Pradesh is available in the Academic Branch of the University.
The list of the recognised examinations available with the University may be consulted before making admission to the course.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS:
The eligibility conditions meant for MBBS/BDS as given above from A to B (i) and note of B
(i) shall apply. Remaining eligibility conditions for BAMS are as under:
ii) The candidate must have:
a) Passed Senior Secondary Examination (12th Class) of the Board of School Education, Madya Pradesh or an examination recognised as equivalent thereto with at least 33% marks in each subject i.e. English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany-Zoology) in the theory and practical separately and 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects and pass in Sanskrit as an elective core subject of at least 100 marks.
Uttar Madhyama of Sampurnanand Sanskrit, vishwavidyala, Varanasi with Science (Biology Group) and English.
Any other examination recognised by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra/ M.D. University, Rohtak as equivalent to (a) or (b) above with the prescribed percentage of marks/subjects, as the case may be .
b) must have been placed in the merit list prepared as a result of the Competitive Entrance Examinations i.e. PMTMP for Admission to BAMS Course
1. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Tribes/ Backward Class will be required to secure minimum pass marks instead of 50% in aggregate in English, Physics,Chemistry and Biology (Botany-Zoology) in any one of the Examinations mentioned at (a) above.
2. A candidate who has taken admission in BAMS and has not passed Sanskrit at 10+2level prior to admission in BAMS, shall have to offer Sanskrit in BAMS Ist Prof.Examination.
3. The subject of English of 10+2 or equivalent examination may be accepted for the purpose irrespective of marks assigned to it.
4. The candidates passing qualifying examination from National Open School are also eligible provided they fulfill the eligibility conditions laid down as above.
5. Diploma in Pharmacy & Dressor’s course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission to BAMS Course according to the rules of M.D. University, Rohtak/Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
6. The list of the examinations recognised as equivalent to 10+2 examinations of Board of School Education, Madhya Pradesh is available in the Academic Branch of the University.The list of the recognised examinations available with the University may be consulted before making admission to the course.
7. The candidates who are not resident of Madya Pradesh may also apply for admission to BAMS Course against 15 % all India seats.
MP PMT 2012 Exam Pattern:
The exam will be divided in two papers of 2 hours each
Paper I: Physics & Chemistry: 100 questions
Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology): 100 questions
MP PMT 2012 Syllabus: The MP PMT contains basic syllabus of relevant subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry and Biology from classes 11th and 12th under the 10+2 scheme/pre-medical/intermediate science or an equivalent examination of the State Education Board / Indian University.
MP PMT Colleges List:
To know the list of colleges where admission is offered on the basis of performance in MP PMT. List of colleges participating in admission process following by MP PMT.
i. MBBS Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior
ii. Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
iii. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur
iv. MGM Medical College, Indore
v. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur
vi. Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa
vii. BDS College of Dentistry, Indore
MP PMT 2012 Exam Cities:
Reservation of Seats:
All India Entrance 15% SC, 15% ST, 21% OBC, 14% Seats are also reserved for children of Military personnel, Freedom Fighters, Physically Handicapped and Govt of India nominees.
MADHYA PRADESH PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION BOARD,
Chayan Bhawan, Main Road No.1,
Chinar Park (East),
Bhopal - 462011
Fax: 0755-2550498, 0755-2554826