Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (UPPGMEE) 2014
UPPGMEE 2013 Date: 23rd April, 2013
Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University UP, Lucknow
U.P. POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION – 2014
INFORMATION BROCHURE For M.D./M.S./M.D.S./Postgraduate Diploma Seats in CSM Medical University and UP State Medical Colleges & Institutes
UPPGMEE 2013 entrance examination will now be held on Tuesday, 23rd April, 2013 (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM).
FRESH Admit Cards indicating TIME & CENTRE shall be available online for downloading from, 12th April, 2013, onwards.
NOTE: Old Admit Cards will not be valid.
UPPGMEE 2013 Important Dates:
i. Date of Entrance Examination: April 23, 2013
ii. Submission of application starts from: Feb 15, 2013
iii. Last date for Cash Payment at Bank for Online application March 12, 2013
iv. Last date for receiving completed application online up to 5:00 PM March 18, 2013
v. Fresh Admit Cards Indicating Time & Centre shall be available online for downloading from: April 12, 2013
vi. Expected date of declaration of merit list: (Subject to the verdict of the Hon'ble Supreme Court)
vii. Date of Medical Board for obtaining physically handicapped certificate: Shall be intimated after declaration of result.
viii. Date of commencement of first Counselling: (Venue K.G.Medical University. Lucknow).: Shall be intimated after declaration of result.
ix. Last Date for joining the allotted college & course from first Counselling: Shall be intimated after declaration of result.
x. Date of Start of Course: Shall be intimated after declaration of result.
xi. Date of commencement of second counseling: May 25, 2013
xii. Last date for joining from 2nd round of counseling: May 31, 2013
Any change in dates of counseling will be announced by the Director General Medical Education, UP Lucknow, and will be displayed on the website www.updgme.in (Helpline will not be able to give this information)
1. Application can only be made online only. There is no paper application.
2. Candidates paying fee through cash at Axis Bank/Allahabad Bank can fill online application only after 2 days of making payment. Last date for making cash payment is Mar 12, 2013.
3. Candidates making payment through Internet payment gateway (debit/credit card) mode can apply instantly up to 5:00 PM. on March 15, 2013.
4. A non-refundable application fee of Rs 1800/- + Bank Transaction Charges shall be paid by the candidate. Bank transaction charges shall be –
i) Cash deposit: Axis Bank: Rs 50; Allahabad Bank: Rs. 20/-
ii) Internet payment: Debit Card 0.75% + Service Tax; Credit card 1.5% + Service Tax
5. Candidates are required to assess their eligibility, as given in the eligibility section of this information brochure, themselves before applying. The examining body will not assess their eligibility. The eligibility will be checked from original documents at the time of counselling/admission and candidates found not eligible will be denied admission for which they themselves will be responsible.
6. Last date for receiving application online Friday, March 15, 2013 up to 5:00 PM.
A candidate may download the pdf copy of the brochure online or may obtain a printed copy of the brochure by sending a self addressed A4 size envelope with requisite postage pasted on it, to the Coordinator. The brochure does not contain application form. Application is to be made only online.
Important Note regarding photograph:
Photographs should be
1. High contrast 3.5 × 4.5 cm size colour photographs (full front face, no cap, no hat, no dark glasses) with white background. Top of hair to bottom of chin should measure 2.5 to 3.0 cm.
2. Polaroid and inkjet photos are NOT acceptable. Poor quality photo would be rejected.
3. Photograph MUST be taken on or after 01.02.2013.
4. Photograph must be taken with a placard in front of the candidate carrying the name of the candidate and the date on which the photograph is being taken. The name and date on the photograph must be clear and legible and should not be digitally composed after taking photo
5. Instruct your photographer to take the photograph with a 4MP or better camera and provide you a soft copy of the photograph in “.jpg” format. The file size should not exceed 1 MB.
Eligibility for Admission:
i. Candidates who have passed MBBS/BDS course from the State Medical Colleges of Agra, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Meerut, UP Rural Institute of Medical Science & Research Saifai Etawah, Medical/Dental Faculty of CSM Medical University, Lucknow and recognized Private Medical/ Dental Colleges of U.P. are eligible to appear in the entrance examination (vide G.O. No 4444/71-02-11-103/2011 Dated 30.12.2011)
ii. Candidates who have passed MBBS from Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun, and are bonafide residents of U.P. and selected through CPMT-2000 or before conducted by undivided Uttar Pradesh are also eligible. (Vide vide G.O. No 4444/71-02- 11/103/2011 Dated 30.12.2011). Candidates who have passed MBBS from the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun, and are bone fide students of U.P. but selected after year 2000 in that Institute are not eligible.
iii. Candidates must have completed or completing their Compulsory Rotatory Internship by 30th May, 2013.
iv. A candidate who has already taken admission on the basis of earlier U.P.P.G.M.E.E/A.I.P.G.E.E. is not eligible to appear in the examination until he/she completes and passes the course where he/she is presently admitted. However, such a candidate shall be eligible if-
a. he/she has resigned from the said course, his/her resignation has been accepted by the Principal of the Medical/Dental college or the Vice Chancellor in the case of candidates of CSM Medical University and he/she has refunded the full amount of salary/stipend received by him/her during the said course, before the date of notification of this examination, ie. 14.02.2013
b. he/she is presently pursuing P.G. Diploma course in any subject, with the condition that he/she will be considered for the Postgraduate Degree course in that subject only.
UPPGMEE 2013 Application Form:
Application can only be made online.
Important Information about online application:
1. You will get an opportunity to print out a copy of your application, please print and retain it.
2. Once the application is filled up, no change can be made nor will be entertained. No correspondence/communication for any correction/modification will be entertained in respect to the application under any circumstances.
3. Incomplete applications will be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
4. If you wish to submit a revised application you may submit a new application online. Tick the appropriate box and fill the number of the original application in the revised application. Your original application will be cancelled. No fee credit of the original application will be given. Fresh fees will have to be paid for the revised application. No candidate should submit more than one valid application. If you do so it will entail rejection of both applications. Revised application should have the original application number.
5. No documents should be sent to the Examining body.
6. The serial number of the application must be mentioned in all future correspondence.
Online Application Process:
You can apply online by visiting the website www.kgmu.org, www.kgmu.edu.in
Before starting your application make sure that you have the following:
1. You will need a secure computer with internet connection and printer for the application process.
2. Login: First create a login on the website using your valid email ID and make a password of your choice. Remember this email ID and password for printing admit card later on.
3. A confirmation email will be sent to the email you had given. Now open your email and click on the link given there. This will take you back to UPPGMEE page and now your login has been activated; you may proceed as per instruction given on the website.
4. Payment: Payment can be made as follows:-
(a) Online Payment: Using a credit/debit card application fee of Rs. 1800/-+transaction charges (Debit card 0.75% + Service Tax; Credit card 1.5% + Service Tax)
(b) Offline payment:
i. Cash payment of Rs. 1800/- + Rs. 50/- (Bank Charges) in the a/c no. 913020007609209 of UPPGMEE-2013 at any branch of Axis Bank. Bank will give a unique transaction ID
ii. Cash payment of Rs. 1800/- + Rs. 20/- bank charges in the account of UPPGMEE-2013 at any branch of Allahabad Bank. Bank will give a unique transaction ID (Journal no)
For making Bank deposit download the Challan form from website.
Cash payment will be reflected on the website after 2 working days, hence begin the application process after 2 days of depositing cash.
Those making payment by credit card/ debit card can make application process instantly
5. Photograph: A ‘.jpg’ file of your photograph. For instructions regarding see important note for photograph. Comply to photograph instructions very carefully otherwise form may get rejected.
6. Scanned Signature: A scanned ‘.jpg’ file of your signature; File size: between 250KB to 1MB.
7. Scanned Certificate from the Principal/Dean of the College/University from where you did your MBBS/BDS certifying your Name, photograph, signature and handwriting. The Verification should be in such a manner that neither the signature of the Principal/Dean nor the seal should cover the face of the candidate. Candidates with defaced photograph or signature on Principal/Dean’s certificate will lose his candidature.
8. Scanned handwriting sample: Scanned ‘.jpg’ files of a sample of your hand writing of the following line (write it on a paper and scan it): “The quick brown fox jumped high over the lazy dog.”
9. After login, upload all the required documents and fill the application form. You are free to edit it subsequently. Payment shall be made at the last and no change is allowed after payment is made. Hence ensure that your form is filled correctly before making payment.
10. Take a print out of your application and save it.
11. Last date for submitting online completed application: Friday, March 18, 2013 at 5:00PM
Admit card will be available online after March 21, 2013. It will not be sent by post.
1. Candidates should bring the admit card on the day of examination.
2. Venue/Centre will be communicated through Admit Card.
3. Coordinator, UPPGMEE-2013, shall not be responsible for non-receipt or delay of admit card due to internet connection problems or mailbox problems.
4. A successful candidate must preserve the Admit Card till admission in a college/institution.
5. Incase of need Admit card can also be obtained from UPPGMEE-2013 Office on May 30, 2013 between 10:00AM to 4:00PM on making cash payment of Rs. 100/-.
1. The examination will be held as follows:
Day & Date: Sunday 31.03.2013
Papers: There will be only one paper of 3 hour duration; No. of questions: 190 Max Marks: 200
Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
2. The date of examination will not be changed.
3. Every candidate is required to bring all the following THREE documents
a. Admit card
b. Verification form from the Principal / Dean in original AND
c. PAN Card in original or Certificate of Bank Manager in original
4. Candidate shall report to examination hall at 9AM and occupy his/her seat in the examination hall 30 minutes before the commencement of examination.
5. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the Examination under any circumstances.
1. The examination will be conducted in English medium only.
2. The examination shall consist of one paper of 190 MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) as follows:
a. 90 questions on pre and para-clinical subjects.
b. 90 questions on clinical subjects.
c. 10 questions on comprehension
3. There will be three sections of multiple choice questions (MCQs):
Section A. There will be 90 questions with 4 options or choices of which one will be best suited or best response.
Section B. There will be 90 questions with 4 options or choices of which one will be best suited or best response.
Section C. There will be two paragraphs followed by 5 questions each based on that paragraph. Each question will have 4 alternatives of which one will be best suited or best response.
4. The Best response to each shall be as determined by the Board of Examiners of the UPPGMEE-2013. The decision of the Board of Examiners shall be final and binding.
5. Each question in Section A & B shall carry 1 mark. Each question in Section C will carry 2 marks. There will be no negative marking.
6. The answer key will be published on the website www.csmmu.in along with the declaration of the results before the last date of scrutiny.
7. SYLLABUS: The syllabus will be the same as prescribed for the MBBS and BDS courses by the Medical/Dental Council of India respectively. No books are prescribed.
8. The questions will generally be of MBBS/BDS level. As per Government Order 50% questions will be of average level, 25% will be difficult and 25% will have a high difficulty level.
RESULT AND MERIT LIST:
1. General category candidates shall have to secure a minimum of 50% marks and the reserved category candidates a minimum of 40% marks to qualify for admission to a postgraduate medical/dental course. General category physically handicapped student will have to secure a minimum of 45% for qualifying. Qualifying does not mean admission. Admission will be given according to merit at the time of Counseling.
2. Merit list for only those candidates who have qualified will be declared. A marks sheet will be sent to all candidates on email.
3. Candidates securing minimum qualifying marks (as given above) shall be given ranks according to the total marks obtained. There shall be a combined merit list (with State rank) for all category candidates. The merit rank of reserved category candidates in their respective categories (Category rank) shall also be indicated along with their combined merit (State rank).
4. In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the examination, their inter-se rank will be determined in order of preference as under :
a. Candidate scoring more marks in Section B.
b. According to age, older will get preference over younger.
c. If rank cannot be decided by above criteria, then tie shall be decided by toss of coin.
5. There is no provision of re-evaluation. However, there is provision of scrutiny for which candidate may apply within seven days of declaration of result along with a demand draft of Rs.350/- in favour of UPPGMEE-2013 payable at Lucknow.
DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
The result of successful candidates with their combined rank along with category rank will be declared on the website of the University www.kgmu.org. A copy of the result will also be sent to the Secretary, Medical Education, Government of U.P., Director General, Medical Education and Training, U.P. Lucknow, the Principals of U.P. State Medical Colleges, Director RIMS Saifai and Dean Faculty of Medicine, and Dental Sciences, KGMU, Lucknow.
1. Counseling shall be conducted by the Director General of Medical Education Uttar Pradesh. The detailed schedule and details of Counseling shall be announced by the Director General of Medical Education and Training, Jawahar Bhawan, 6th Floor, Ashok Marg, Lucknow 226001 at the time of declaration of result in leading newspapers of Uttar Pradesh. The Examining body shall not be able to provide this information. Hence any query regarding this should directly be addressed to them and not to the examining body or the given helpline nos.
2. As per the Government of India, Directorate General of Health Services, letter No. C-18018/08/2005- MEC, dated 24.03.2008 there shall be TWO COUNSELINGS. Candidates who get seat in 1st counseling shall also be eligible for second Counselling for reshuffling of seats with candidates who were either absent or did not opt a seat in the first Counselling.
3. Candidates are required to bring their application form duly verified by the Dean/Principal of the Universiy/College from where the candidate has done his/her MBBS/BDS.
1. Admission of the candidate to various P.G. Degree/Diploma course will be given by the Principal/Dean of the respective Medical College or Medical/Dental faculty of CSM Medical University, Lucknow as the case may be.
2. A candidate who has been allotted a P.G. Degree/Diploma course in a particular Medical/Dental College shall have to complete all the admission formalities including depositing the prescribed fees, by the date notified for this purpose by the respective Principal/Dean of Medical College or CSM Medical University, Lucknow as the case may be. Those who fail to do so will lose their claim for admission.
Coordinator UPPGMEE 2013
Office of the Controller of Examination
Pariksha Bhawan (PHI Building),
K.G. Medical University, Lucknow 226003.
Phone: +915222258727; +919651069277
Fax : +0522 2258818; 2256631; 2257539