Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test (J&K SET) 2013
About Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) SET Exam
J&K SET Exam Eligibility
J&K SET Exam Scheme
J&K SET Exam Subjects
J&K SET Exam Syllabus
J&K SET Exam Application Form
J&K SET Exam Result
About Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test (J&K SET) 2013
J&K SET Exam 2013 Date: 18th August, 2013 (Sunday)
J&K STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (SET - 2013)
ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP
As per authorization by the Jammu and Kashmir Government, the University of Kashmir, Srinagar, will conduct the J&K State Level Eligibility Test (hereinafter called SET), for determining the eligibility of candidates for recruitment as Lecturers/Assistant Professors in the Colleges and the Universities of Jammu and Kashmir State subject to the conditions.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION: Question papers in all subjects, except in Oriental Classical and Modern Indian Languages, shall be set in English. The medium of answering questions in all the subjects other than Oriental Classical or Modern Indian Languages shall be English only. The question papers in Modern Indian Languages shall be set in the language concerned, whereas the question papers in the Oriental Classical Languages shall be set either in the concerned language/s itself or in cognate Modern Indian Language or in English. General paper (Paper – I) shall be both in English and Hindi.
CENTERS OF EXAMINATION:
Srinagar - Center code : 01
Jammu - Center code : 02
i. Centers of SET shall be at Srinagar and Jammu cities only. The centre of examination once opted by a candidate shall not be changed under any circumstances.
ii. As the number of SET Centers at Jammu and Srinagar cities may be more than one, Candidates are requested to ascertain their venue of the test/seating arrangement from the website of the University of Kashmir and note it in the printout of their online Admission Card at least 10 days before the Test, i.e. upto 8th August 2013.
EVALUATION of OMR SHEETS AND DECLARATION OF RESULT:
Procedure & Criteria for declaration of Result: This will comprise of following steps
Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NET for considering a candidate for the eligibility for lectureship:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks to be obtained
|Paper I||Paper II||Paper III
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)
|OBC(Non - creamy layer)||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||67.5 rounded off 68 (45%)
|PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)
Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared SET qualified for eligibility for lectureship only.
CONDUCT OF SET:
1. The SET will be conducted at specified Centers, constituted at Jammu and Srinagar cities only.
2. No candidate will be allowed to appear in SET without Admit Card which must be shown on demand.
3. The SET Centers will open at least 30 minutes before the commencement of examination in Paper-I and Paper-III for entry of the candidates.
4. Candidates are expected to be in the seats allotted to them, at least 15 minutes before the commencement of examination in Paper-I and Paper-II in the Morning Session and Paper-III in the Afternoon Session.
5. A Candidate must sit in the seat allotted to him.
6. Change of subject is not permitted. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in a subject other than the one in which his Roll No.figures.
7. No printed, cyclostyled, Photostator hand-written material willbe allowed inside the examination hall. Candidates are advised not to carry any such material to the examination hall. However, in case they do so, they will leave it outside the hall at their own risk and responsibility.
8. No candidate shall be permitted to the examination hall 20 minutes after the commencement of examination in a paper. However, responsibility for loss of time and missing the instruction(s) from the invigilation staff will be entirely of the late comers.
9. Use of calculator, pager or cellular /Mobile phone in the examination hall will not be allowed.
Prof. Fayaz Ahmad
Coordinator Centre No 01 (University of Kashmir)
University of Kashmir
Prof. Keshav Sharma
Coordinator centre No 02 (University of Jammu)
University of Jammu