Karnataka State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (KSET) Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (KSET) 2014 Eligibility Criteria
About Karnataka SET
Karnataka SET Exam Important Dates
Karnataka SET Subjects
Karnataka SET Syllabus
Karnataka SET Exam Fee & Test Centres
Karnataka SET Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka SET Examination Scheme
Karnataka SET How to Apply
Karnataka SET General Instructions
Karnataka SET Results
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Eligibility 2014
Karnataka SET (K-SET) 2013 Exam Date: 08th December, 2013
Karnataka SET Eligibility Criteria:
1. The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.
2. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. Candidates belonging Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidate who have secured at least 50% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in Master's degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
3. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% of aggregate marks (50% of aggregates marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master's Degree examination within two years from the date of K-SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
4. The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5 % in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55 to 50%) for appearing for K-SET.
5. Candidates shall appear to the K-SET in the subject of their post-graduation only.
6. Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their SC/ST/Category-1/PH/VH certificate along with hard copy of online printout of their Application Form (obtained while applying online). Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the K-SET center at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
7. Candidates belonging to Category IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB have to submit their caste certificates along with the hard copy of application form.
8. Candidates belonging to the General category are not required to submit any Caste certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with hard copy of their application form.
9. Candidates possessing post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master's Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi (website: www.aiuweb.org).
10. AGE: There is no upper age limit to apply for K-SET Lectureship.
K-SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities/Colleges/Institutions of Higher Education (Govenment/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State only. Provided, however, those candidates, who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the "University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedures for award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of K-SET for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers or equivalent position in Universities / Colleges / Institutions".