Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Exam Schedule, Model Question Papers & Results
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Examination
The Staff Selection Commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training and comprises of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations who are appointed on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Central Government from time to time. The Commission is provided such supporting staff as considered necessary by the Central Government.
The Commission is headed by a Chairman who is assisted by two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. They are further supported by other officers and Staff of the HQ (Organization Chart at Appendix III) and by a Regional Network of offices established at various locations. The Headquarter of the Commission is located at New Delhi.
The Staff Selection Commission has its Headquarter at New Delhi. All Examinations as well as administrative matters are submitted to the Chairman through two Members. The Secretary functions under both the Members. Besides, there are post of one Director, one Deputy Secretary, two Joint Directors, nine Under Secretaries, four Deputy Directors, one Finance & Budget Officer, one Assistant Director (OL), 24 Section Officers and more than 183 supporting officers / staff working at the Headquarters for discharging the duties and responsibilities of the Commission. An Organisational Chart of the Commission (Hqrs.) is given at Appendix II,. The functions of various Branches/Sections of the Hqrs. are briefly outlined under the heading "Functions of the Sections".
For smooth conduct of examinations through a large network of examination centres/sub-centres situated in different parts of the country for the convenience of the candidates, the Commission has been provided with a Regional set-up. At present, there are seven Regional Offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Bangalore and two Sub-Regional Offices at Raipur and Chandigarh. Each Regional Office is headed by a Regional Director and each Sub-Regional office is headed by a Deputy Director. The details of the functions and operative jurisdictions of these Regional and Sub-Regional Offices are given at Appendix-IV, . The Commission may, with the approval of the Department of Personnel & Training, open more Regional/Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission at such other places, as it may consider necessary.
||States/Territories Constituting the Region
||Block No.12, Kendriya
||8-A-B, Beli Road,
|North Eastern Region
|States: Arunachal Pradesh,
Fax : 545779
||Army & Navy Bldg,
Staff Selection Commission,
(Old CGO Building)
First Floor, south Wing
101, Maharshi Karve Road
Daman & Diu,
2nd Floor, College
2nd Block Koramangla
1. Open Examinations
2. Departmental Examinations
Functions & Responsibilities of Regional/Sub-Regional Offices:
1. Implementing the policies and programmes of the Commission;
2. Supervising and overseeing its field operations;
3. Liaison and establishing rapport with State Govt. and their Departments for which manpower is provided by the Commission;
4. Making arrangement for impartial and smooth conduct of examination;
5. Servicing as well as presiding over interview boards/centres within their area of jurisdiction;
6. Receiving applications for the examinations;
7. Processing of applications and award of data processing contracts;
8. Issue of Admission Certificates;
9. Arrangement and booking of venues for examination;
10. Sanction of Advance for Examinations;
11. Appointment of Invigilators, Inspecting Officers and Team leaders to conduct the examinations;
12. Sending copy of Instructions, Supervisor’s Manual and cheque of Advance for examination;
13. Payment of honorarium to the Inspecting Officers, Team leaders, Supervisors and other functionaries of the examinations;
14. Settlement of advances given to the supervisors of each venue;
15. Scrutiny of dossiers after the declaration of the result of written examinations;
16. Conducting PET/Interviews for different posts whenever applicable;
17. Conducting Skill Tests (Type-writing Test and Stenography Test);
18. Nomination of the selected candidates to various user Departments;
19. Cancellation/Revival/Debarment of the candidatures of the candidates;
20. Court Cases pertaining to the various examinations filed by the candidates.
21. Conduction Workshop on Question Bank, Stenography Test etc.
Functions of SSC:
1. To make recruitment to (i) all Group “B” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10,500 or below and (ii) all non-technical Group “C” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices, except those posts which are specifically exempt from the purview of the Staff Selection Commission.
2. To conduct examinations and/or interviews, whenever required for recruitment to the posts within its purview. The examinations would be held as far as possible at different centres and successful candidates posted, to the extent possible, to their home State/Region.
3. In particular, to hold Open Competitive Examinations for recruitment to the posts of:
(i) Lower Division Clerks in the various Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical Service /Indian Foreign Service (B), Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service and the Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service;
(ii) Grade “C” and Grade ‘D” Stenographers of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent Grades of Indian Foreign Service (B) Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Head quarters Stenographers Service and to the posts of Stenographers in other Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India not participating in the aforesaid Services;
(iii) Assistants in the various Ministries/Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Service/ IFS (B)/ Railway Board Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service;
(iv) Inspectors of Central Excise in different Collectorates of Central Excise, Inspectors of Income-Tax in different charges of the Commissioners of Income-Tax, Preventive Officers and Examiners in different Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers in Directorate of Enforcement;
(v) Sub-Inspectors in , Central Bureau of Investigation and Central Police Organisations;
(vi) Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants under the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India and other Accounts Departments and Upper Division Clerks in Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India.
(vii) Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD, a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, General Central Services (Technical) post.
(viii) Statistical Investigators, Grade IV of Subordinate Statistical Service (SSC), a Group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
(ix) Tax Assistant ( a Group C non – Gazetted Ministerial post in various Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs )
(x) Section Officer ( Commercial Audit), a Group “B” Non-gazetted post in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department
(xi) Section Officer (Audit) , a Group B Non-Gazetted post in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General
(4). The Commission also holds Departmental Examination for promotion from:
(i) Group “D” to Lower Division Clerk Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Force Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(ii) Lower Divisional Clerks to Upper Divisional Clerks Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(iii) Stenographers Grade “D” to Stenographers Grade “C” of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Stenographers Service.
5. The Commission conducts periodical Typewriting Tests in English and Hindi.
6. The Commission prepares schemes for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scale of Rs 9300 to 34800 with a grade pay of Rs 42000 or below and Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departmental of the Govt. of India including its Attached and Subordinate Offices in consultation with the Departments concerned.
7. The Commission conducts examinations/selections for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10, 500 or below and all Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departments of the Govt. from time to time.
8. The Commission performs such other functions as may be entrusted to it by the Central Govt. from time to time.
Staff Selection Commission
Block No. - 12
Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
Phone: 011 - 24363343
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Exam Result, Schedule and Question Paper